The Pupkewitz Group is a leading Namibian retailing and distribution group that creates shared value by fusing sustained commercial excellence with responsible business practices and the work of the Pupkewitz Foundation. With six operating companies and 60 branches nationwide, we bring reliable products and services to millions of Namibians.
Pupkewitz MegaBuild has been in operation since 1946 and provides a wide range of products to building contractors and DIY enthusiasts in a shopping experience that builds loyalty. Our market leadership is driven by customer centricity and care for staff, underpinned by a deep understanding of our industry and a finely tuned business model.
Pupkewitz seeks an experienced Managing Director to lead MegaBuild into its next chapter of growth, taking responsibility for strategy and business operations and ensuring ongoing sustainable success.
The Managing Director will report into the Pupkewitz Group Board of Directors and sit on the Group Executive Committee.
- Strategy development: strengthening existing operations whilst setting the pace through planfully crafted opportunities for growth and value creation.
- Organisational leadership: leading, developing and inspiring an experienced team to reach further heights.
- Operational oversight: enhancing a disciplined, efficient organisation and a delivering a cutting edge business model.
- Stakeholder engagement: building trusting relationships and maintaining the confidence of all stakeholder groups.
- 10+ years of senior managerial experience
- Relevant tertiary degree preferred, e.g. B.Comm, MBA or relevant Technical Degree
- Extensive experience within a similar business sector, e.g. FMCG, retailing, distribution
- Highest levels of integrity and responsibility
- Highly competent self-starter with a strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Seasoned entrepreneurial and commercial thinker who enjoys building businesses and teams.
- Well-rounded business management skills and track record of successfully managing a company in a dynamic and competitive environment.
- Hands on approach to achieve results and attention to detail.
- Strong crisis management, conflict mediation and change management skills.
Closing Date: 4 February 2022
We value diversity and encourage applications from all designated groups. Preference will be given to Namibian citizens.